CNC Milling and Turning Solutions Offer Several Unique Benefits
Small Parts Manufacturing maintains a full complement of Mazak CNC milling and turning equipment to manufacture a wide range of prototypes and parts. This manufacturing process offers several unique benefits, including:
- Cost-effectiveness: Less required labor and minimal waste help maintain costs.
- Accuracy and Uniformity: Computer controls ensure precision and repeatable quality.
- Efficiency: Automation increases the speed of manufacturing and produces faster turnaround times.
- Scalability: Carefully engineered and stored setups allow for flexible machining capacities.
Milled and Turned Materials
To produce the right component with the ideal properties using the optimum process, we work with a variety of metal and plastic materials, including:
- Several grades of alloy and stainless steel: Parts machined from these materials exhibit high strength and corrosion resistance and are highly weldable.
- Low and medium carbon: Parts machined from these materials are highly weldable and can be hardened.
- Nylon, Teflon, PVC, HDPE, and various plastics: Parts machined from these materials have varying levels of impact strength and finish characteristics.
- Multiple grades of aluminum: Parts machined from these materials are highly machinable, achieving optimum strength with low weight.
- Common copper and brass types: Parts machined from these materials exhibit both corrosion and chemical resistance as well as high density and strength.
Typical CNC Machining Applications
Our team of skilled engineers and machinists employs a variety of vertical milling and turning techniques to manufacture products across a wide range of industries. For example:
- Aerospace: cabin latches, connectors, standoffs, all other NFC components
- Medical: thoracic components, graph tools, stent mandrels, hearing aid parts
- Telecommunications: antenna components, marine radio, sonar parts
- Automotive: shafts, flywheels, pulleys, adapters, connectors, fillers, caps, brackets
- Electronics: heat sinks, support brackets, sub-plates, control panels
- Military: bolts, spacers, pendant control housings, optics housings, studs, screws
- Forestry: gib screws, impact sockets, planar components, mill repair
CNC Turning Equipment
Our CNC Turning equipment includes:
- 1 Miyano BNC 34-T 3 Axis w/sub turret (1⅝” cap)
- 1 Mazak QT15 w/ Hydrobar (2″ cap)
- 1 Mazak QT8 w/Hydrobar (1⅝ ″ cap)
- 2 Mazak QT8 (Chucker 1⅝ ″ cap)
- 1 Mazak Super Quick Turn 30 (4″ cap)
- 1 Mazak Nexus 250 Long Bed w/Hydrobar (3″ cap x 36” max length)
- 1 Mazak QT20 (Chucker 4” cap)
- 1 Mazak QT6T w/Gantry Robot & Dead Length Chuck (2” cap)
- 1 Citizen L20 Swiss Lathe (¾” cap)
- 1 Mazak Nexus II 200-MSY Multi-Task w/Live Tooling (2⅝” cap)
CNC Milling Equipment
Our Vertical Milling equipment includes:
- 1 Fanuc Robo Drill CNC Milling Center
- 1 Fanuc Drill Mate CNC Milling Center
- 2 Kia V25P Dual Pallet Milling Center
- 1 Mazak 410A Milling Center (40” x 20” x 20”)
- 1 Mazak VTC-200B Milling Center w/Full 4th Axis (46″ x 28″ x 24″)
- 1 Mazak VTC-200C Milling Center w/Full 4th Axis (65″ x 28″ x 24″)
- 1 VCN-510C w/Full 4th Axis & Wireless Tool Presetter & Part Probing
- 1 Mazak Nexus II 200-MSY Multi-Task w/Live Tooling (2-⅝” cap)
CNC Prototyping & Support Equipment
Our CNC Prototyping and Support equipment include:
- 1 Southern Proto-Trak Lathe
- 1 Southern Proto-Trak Mill
- 1 Bridgeport manual mill
- 1 Mazak Hercules Engine Lathe
- 1 Mitsubishi FX10 Wire EDM
- 1 Cincinnati Monoset Drill/Reamer Grinder
- 4 Do-All Surface & Tool Grinders