While minimum quantity is dependant on many factors, under normal circumstances, they start at:
- 150 parts for our single spindle department.
- 1500 parts for our 5/8″ thru 1-3/4″ Wickman department.
- 750 parts for our 2-5/8″ thru 3-1/4″ department.
- As few as 10 parts for our CNC Turning & Milling departments.
Standard lead times are approximately 2-3 weeks (this may vary depending on our workload and the complexity of your part). SPM always strives to be your best on-time production source.
The primary advantage of our Wickman screw machines is the shorter cycle time required to make each part. Single-spindle screw machines can only present one tool at a time. In contrast, our Wickman screw machines present multiple tools across six different spindle positions, each machining simultaneously.
SPM is always happy to assist with raw materials, machining methods, and finish applications. In our experience, subtle design or tolerance changes often allow us to use less expensive machining processes to produce more challenging parts. Upload a sketch, or give us a call, and we’ll take a look!
Here is a list of materials we commonly run.
- Stainless Steel: 303, 304/L, 316/L, 416, 420, 17/4, and Other Special grades.
- Low and Medium Carbon: 1018, 1050, 1117, 11L17, 1141, 1144, 12L14, 1215, stress-proof, fatigue-proof.
- Plastic: Nylon, Delrin, Acetal, Teflon, Polypropylene, PVC, and HDPE.
- Aluminum: 6061, 2011, 2024, 5083/86 H-111.
- Alloy Steel: 4140, 41L40/42, 4150, 8620, 86L20.
- Copper: 110, 142, 145, 101.
- Brass: 360, 464, 485.
Yes! We offer both secondary and finishing operations.
We perform all of our secondary operations in-house, including cylindrical grinding, milling, drilling, honing, tapping, and deburring.
We subcontract all finish processing to locally-approved third-party providers, including heat treating, plating, anodizing, and other types of coatings, etc.
We can manufacture your six-month or yearly requirement, inventory the parts for up to a year, and then ship from this stock in monthly, quarterly, or biannual releases (Note: you can’t make any design or revision changes on stocked parts).
We currently operate on a single shift from 6:00 am until 2:30 pm Pacific time, with our office open until 4:30 pm.