Since 1946, Small Parts Manufacturing Co. (SPM) has been delivering quality CNC machining services to companies worldwide. We pride ourselves on the reputation that we’ve built over the years and continuously strive to live up to the highest standards. As a testament to our quality processes and standards:
- We employ, educate, and retain skilled engineers and machinists (average tenure is 17 years).
- We maintain a core team with more than 200 years of combined experience.
- We regularly maintain and update our CNC software.
- We utilize state-of-the-art inspection equipment.
- We are ISO 9001:2015 certified.
Further proof of our high standards is the long-term relationships we have been privileged to form. Our customers tell us this is because we communicate and manage their projects with a singular focus on personal and responsive service — this is true throughout our company, from sales to production and inspection to support.
SPM Quality Policy
- It is the policy of SPM to manufacture a quality product that complies with our customer’s specifications in a cost effective and timely manner. SPM is diligent in its resolution to achieve the highest quality standards.
- Our goal is to continuously evaluate and improve our processes to ensure that we exceed our customer’s requirements in all phases of our operations.
- Every individual is responsible to maintain this policy throughout the organization
Our Inspection Process
Our quality inspection process focuses on four critical areas:
- Machine validation: We regularly inspect, upgrade, and align our machining equipment to ensure they continue to perform reliably and deliver accuracy
- Component testing: We systematically audit components at every stage of production to verify specifications, validate tolerances, and scrutinize finish
- Process monitoring: We meet regularly with department managers to review bottlenecks and production issues that could potentially impact the end quality of each component
- Process documentation: We create custom inspection records for each part to document every production run’s quality results and process performance.
Our Inspection Equipment
We provide complete machining and finishing services, ranging from CNC turning and milling to screw machining and wire EDM to secondary machining. We utilize state-of-the-art technology to inspect parts at every stage of the production process. This inspection equipment includes:
- 1 B&S Microval CMM’s w/ Reflex Control
- 1 TESA Visio 300 DCC Video Inspection System
- 2 Surfometer-Profilometers
- 2 Sylvac-ZCAL Electronic Height Gage
- 2 Universal Concentricity Gage
- 2 Gage Master Optical Comparators
- 1 Deltronic MPC-5 Optical Comparator
- 2 Bowers Bore Gages .187″ to 1.750″
- 2 Complete Pin Gage Sets to 1.500″
- 1 Complete Thread Plug & Ring Gauge Sets
- 1 Mitutoyo Roundness Gage RA-114
- 1 Starrett Optical Comparator